Discord is one of the best places to chat and hang out, but you won’t be able to enjoy the full experience if you can’t get your audio right. If you’re having issues getting your Bluetooth headphones to work with Discord, this article will help you to fix it.
In this guide, we have provided step-by-step instructions on how to fix it.
Bluetooth Headphones Not Working with Discord: Likely Causes
There are several reasons why your Bluetooth headphones might not work with Discord. Below are the most common causes of the issue:
- Incompatible or outdated drivers:, The drivers that allow your Bluetooth headphones to communicate with your computer or device must be compatible and updated. If not, this can lead to connection issues.
- Bluetooth interference: Bluetooth signals can be disrupted by other devices, such as wireless routers, cordless phones, or even other Bluetooth devices. If there is interference, it can result in a poor connection or no connection at all.
- Discord audio settings: Incorrect audio settings within the Discord application itself can cause problems with Bluetooth headphones. You can ensure that the correct audio output device is selected.
- Low battery: If your Bluetooth headphones have a low battery, you might experience connection issues or the headphones not working properly.
- Bluetooth device pairing: Another thing to consider is if your Bluetooth headphones are properly paired with your device. If they are not, this can cause them to not work on Discord.
Bluetooth Headphones Not Working on Discord: DIY Fixes
Fix 1: Update or reinstall Bluetooth drivers
- Press the Windows key + X and select “Device Manager” from the menu.
- In the Device Manager window, expand the “Bluetooth” category.
- Right-click on your Bluetooth headphones and choose “Update driver” or “Uninstall device.”
- If you selected “Update driver,” follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest driver. If you chose “Uninstall device,” restart your computer and let Windows automatically reinstall the drivers.
Fix 2: Minimize Bluetooth interference
- Move your Bluetooth headphones and the device you’re using Discord on closer together.
- Turn off or move away from other devices that might cause interference, such as wireless routers, cordless phones, or other Bluetooth devices.
- Try restarting both your Bluetooth headphones and the device you’re using Discord on.
Fix 3: Adjust Discord audio settings
- Open the Discord application on your computer.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom-left corner to access User Settings.
- In the User Settings menu, select “Voice & Video” from the left sidebar.
- Under the “Output Device” section, make sure your Bluetooth headphones are selected from the dropdown menu.
- If you don’t see your Bluetooth headphones listed, ensure they are connected to your device and try clicking the “Refresh” button
- If you still don’t see your Bluetooth headphones listed, click on the “Reset Voice Settings” button to reset all audio settings in Discord.
- Close the User Settings menu and test your Bluetooth headphones in Discord to see if the issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Charge your Bluetooth headphones
- Connect your Bluetooth headphones to a power source using the charging cable.
- Allow the headphones to charge fully before attempting to use them with Discord.
- Once fully charged, try using your headphones with Discord to see if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Re-pair your Bluetooth headphones
- Turn off Bluetooth on all other devices that your headphones might be paired with.
- On your device, go to the Bluetooth settings and forget/remove your Bluetooth headphones from the list of paired devices.
- Put your Bluetooth headphones in pairing mode and pair them again with your device. Once paired, open Discord and test your headphones to see if they are working properly.
Fix 6: Restart Discord and your device
- Close the Discord application on your device.
- Restart your device completely by powering it off and then turning it back on.
- Once your device has restarted, open Discord and check if the Bluetooth headphones are working correctly.
Fix 7: Update Discord and your device’s software
- Confirm that you are using the latest version of Discord by checking for updates in your app store or downloading the latest version from the official Discord website.
- Also, check for any available system updates for your device and install them if necessary.
- Updating both Discord and your device’s software can often resolve compatibility issues that may be causing the problem.
In most cases, these fixes should get your Bluetooth headphones to work properly with Discord. However, if you’re still having issues after following the fixes, you might want to consider reaching out to customer support. You might be able to get further support and fix the issue.