Sonos soundbars are a popular choice among home users looking to improve the sound quality of their TVs while still maintaining a stiff budget. Their devices come with a variety of features including Dolby Atmos support, multi-room audio, and easy setup making it a great choice.
Although it’s a great product to have, it’s still prone to some generic soundbar issues like connectivity, and distorted audio. If you happen to have one and are currently facing an issue with it, don’t worry, we’ll be giving a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting it in this article. In subsequent writing, we will be outlining how you can factory reset your Sonos soundbar.
How to Reset a Sonos Soundbar
Resetting your soundbar is pretty much the be-all-end-all when it comes to solving any system-related issue that’s going on with the device. There are two ways you can perform a reset troubleshooting procedure; by just power cycling the system, or a standard factory reset.
How to Soft Reset/Power Cycle a Sonos Soundbar
Luckily a soft reset is quite effective when solving some issues on Sonos soundbars as the device doesn’t usually save all settings. To perform one, all you need to do is unplug the device’s power cable while it’s still on and leave it for about 10 minutes before reconnecting. This will help remove any of the quick settings you’ve done including equalizer and power saving settings.
How to Factory Reset a Sonos Soundbar
There are three distinct models of Sonos soundbars; the Sonos Arc (their flagship), Sonos Ray, and Sonos Beam. All three follow the same factory reset procedures, only the functionality while in usage is different. Here’s a step-by-step guide to resetting any of them.
- Unplug the power cord from the soundbar.
- Press and hold the “Join” button (the infinity button on the back of the Sonos Ray) while reconnecting the power cord.
- Continue holding the button until the light on the soundbar flashes orange and white.
- The light will flash green when the process is complete and the soundbar is ready to be set up.
Once your Sonos soundbar has been reset, you can set it up again using the Sonos app. While that’s the case, this method is also used to reset a Sonos Playbar.
How to Factory Reset Other Sonos Audio Products
While the steps for resetting any of their three soundbar models are the same, there are little variations when it comes to other Sonos products. Here are some of their other popular sound devices and how to reset them.
How to Factory Reset Sonos Roam or Roam SL
The Sonos Roam and Roam SL is a portable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi speaker that’s built to be taken wherever you go.
- Press and hold the power button on the back of the Roam for 5 seconds to power it off.
- While holding the Play/Pause button, press and release the power button on the back of the Roam.
- Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light on the front flashes orange and white.
- The light will flash green when the process is complete and the Roam is ready to be set up.
How to Factory Reset a Sonos Era 100 and Era 300
The Sonos Era 100 and Era 300 are compact smart speakers that deliver an immersive sound experience. Like their standard soundbars, this device also comes with features like Dolby Atmos support, and spatial audio visualizer. You can carry out its factory reset by performing the steps outlined below.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the speaker.
- Press the Bluetooth button and reconnect the power cord simultaneously.
- Keep hold of the button till you see the amber and white light on the front of the speaker starts flashing.
- You’ll know the reset is complete when it starts flashing green.
How to Factory Reset a Sonos Move and Sonos Move 2
The Sonos Move series is yet another amazing product from the company that was started in 2019. The latest version, the Move 2 was released this year and it comes with stereo sound, longer battery life, and Bluetooth 5.0.
- Remove the Move or Move 2 from its charging base.
- Long-press the Power button on the back of the speaker for about 10 seconds, until it turns off.
- Turn the speaker back on by pressing the Power button again.
- While the speaker is powering on, long press the Join button (the infinity button on the back of the speaker).
- Keep hold of the button until the light on the front of the speaker flashes orange and white.
- You’ll know that your device has been reset when it starts flashing green.