When it comes to durable and high-quality sound, the Sony Headphones WH-1000XM3 is a top choice in the market. These wireless headphones are known for their exceptional performance, noise-canceling abilities, and sleek design.
Just like every other headphone, the issue where the Sony headphones simply won’t turn on happens every now and then.
In this article, we will look into the possible reasons behind this problem and instructions on how to fix it.
Reasons Why the Sony Headphones WH-1000XM3 Won’t Turn On
- Low Battery: The headphones may have run out of power, preventing them from turning on.
- Defective Power Button: A malfunctioning power button can hinder the startup process.
- Firmware Glitch: An outdated or corrupted firmware can cause power-related issues.
- Physical Damage: Accidental drops or impacts may have damaged internal components, leading to power-related problems.
- Moisture or Water Damage: Exposure to moisture or water can affect the headphone’s functionality, including its ability to turn on.
Sony Headphones WH-1000XM3 Not Turning On: How to Fix
1. Charge the Headphones
- Connect the headphones to a power source. Ensure you’re using the provided USB Type-C cable.
- Let the headphones charge for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Check if the charging indicator light turns on during the charging process.
2. Reset the Headphones
- Locate the small reset button on the left earcup, which is hidden beneath the cover.
- Use a paperclip or a small pin to press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the button and try turning on the headphones again.
3. Update the Firmware
- Download the latest firmware version specifically designed for your Sony Headphones WH-1000XM3.
- Follow the provided instructions to install the firmware update on your headphones.
4. Check for Physical Damage
- Carefully inspect the headphones to see if it has been damaged. Cracks or dents usually indicate damage.
- If you observe any damage, get the Sony’s customer support to provide the right steps on repair.
5. Dry the Headphones
- If your headphones have been exposed to moisture or water, gently wipe them with a soft, dry cloth to remove any visible moisture.
- Allow the headphones to air dry naturally for at least 24 hours before attempting to turn them on.
How to Maintain Your Sony Headphones WH-1000XM3
In the guide below, we have provided you with practical tips and guidelines to help you maintain your Sony Headphones WH-1000XM3 and get the best listening experience for years to come.
1. Cleaning the Headphones
Regular cleaning helps to maintain the appearance and functionality of your headphones. To clean them properly, apply the steps below:
- Start by removing the earpads and wipe them gently. You can use a soft cloth or a mild detergent solution. Ensure you avoid saturating them with liquid.
- Go for a dry cloth to clean the earcup surfaces to remove dust, fingerprints, and smudges. In this regard, you should avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.
- Get a small brush or cotton swabs to clean the crevices and hard-to-reach areas. You can reach the hinges and the area around the buttons this way.
- When cleaning the headband, wipe it down with a soft cloth dampened with a mild soap solution.
- Allow all the components to air dry completely before reassembling the headphones.
2. Storing the Headphones
Proper storage can prevent damage and extend the lifespan of your headphones. Follow these guidelines for safe storage:
- Always store the headphones in a clean and dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- Use the provided carrying case to protect the headphones from dust, scratches, and accidental impacts during transportation.
- Before storing, make sure the headphones are turned off and disconnected from any connected devices.
- Avoid wrapping the headphone cord tightly around the earcups or other objects, as it can cause tangling or strain the cables. Instead, loosely coil the cable and secure it with the cable clip provided.
3. Handling and Usage Tips
Taking care of your headphones during everyday use helps to ensure it lasts long enough to deliver the value of its money. Here are some tips to help you handle and use them properly:
- Avoid dropping or subjecting the headphones to excessive force or impact, as this can cause internal damage.
- When adjusting the headband size, use gentle and even pressure to prevent strain on the hinges.
- When not in use, disconnect the headphones from the audio source. This would help perverse the battery.
- If the headphones get wet or come into contact with moisture, you should wipe them dry immediately and allow them to air dry completely before use.
These tips should help you maintain your headphones and get the best listening experience. By practicing these maintenance tips, you can prevent issues from arising in the future.