Resetting your Vizio soundbar is one of the quickest troubleshooting measures when you start experiencing faults with your device. Whether it’s an audio or connection issue, a reset is a surefire way to get things running again.
In this article, we will be giving a step-by-step guide to factory resetting your Vizio soundbar, and also give recommendations as to when it should be done, what you need to know when performing a reset, and much more.
Vizio Soundbar Factory Reset: Step-By-Step Guide
There are two ways you can reset your soundbar; a soft reset, and a hard reset. While the former is essentially a power cycle of the soundbar and is often enough for most problems, the latter helps you draw a line in the sand to confirm if you’ll need to chat with customer support.
How to Soft Reset your Vizio Soundbar
A soft reset is a power cycle, and it works when your device doesn’t store some of its settings. All you need do is turn off your soundbar, and remove its power cable from the socket for about 10 minutes. If your device is already off, you’ll still need to unplug it from its socket especially if the soundbar comes with a standby mode.
Generally, if your issue isn’t complicated, everything should be working fine again when it’s plugged back on. In cases where it doesn’t, you should have a hard reset in order. Lastly, you’ll want to power cycle the remote control by removing the battery and putting it back if you suspect an issue with that as well.
How to Hard Reset your Vizio Soundbar
If you’re using a model that stores custom settings, a hard reset is likely what you’ll need to get things in order. Here’s a step-by-step guide to hard resetting any Vizio soundbar.
- Turn on your Vizio soundbar.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- All 12 LEDs on the soundbar will flash three times.
- The soundbar is now reset to factory default settings.
When to Perform a Factory Reset on your Vizio Soundbar
If you’re experiencing any of the following issues, troubleshooting with a hard reset should be in order.
- The soundbar is not producing any sound.
- If a buzzing, low, or distorted sound is being heard.
- If it can’t connect to WIFI.
- The soundbar isn’t responding to the remote control.
- If the soundbar isn’t turning on or its indicator lights aren’t working.
- The soundbar is not connecting to your TV or other devices.
- If the battery icon won’t turn off
- If the speaker is constantly flashing white lights
- The soundbar is experiencing other unexpected behavior.
Vizio Soundbar Bluetooth Reset: Step-By-Step Guide
Sometimes you may have connected multiple Bluetooth devices and maxed it out, meaning that you won’t be able to connect to another. The way to resolve this is to perform a factory reset, and below is the step.
- Turn on your Vizio soundbar.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on your soundbar for 5 seconds.
- The Bluetooth LED on the soundbar will start blinking.
- On your Bluetooth device, forget or unpair your Vizio soundbar.
- Once your Vizio soundbar is unpaired, scan for Bluetooth devices and pair it with your device again.
If you are still having problems connecting your Bluetooth device to your Vizio soundbar after performing a Bluetooth reset, you may need to perform a factory reset on your soundbar.
How to Reset Vizio Soundbar WIFI: Step-By-Step Guide
If you’re having issues connecting with the device’s WIFI, this is one way to quickly solve it, rather than hard resetting the soundbar. All you need do is follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Launch the Vizio SmartCast app on your smartphone, and connect with your soundbar
- On the Menu of your soundbar, navigate through Settings >> Network >> Reset Wi-Fi
- Click on it, and press “Yes” to confirm the operation.
Your Vizio soundbar will now restart and its Wi-Fi connection will be reset. Once the soundbar has restarted, you will need to reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network. At any rate, if this doesn’t solve your Wi-Fi issue, a hard reset should be in order.
Vizio Soundbar Factory Reset: FAQs
What Should I Do After Performing a Factory Reset?
Once you have performed a factory reset on your Vizio soundbar, you will need to reconfigure all of the custom settings and preferences that you want to use. While that’s the case, you may want to monitor the settings you’re changing so you don’t get into the same trouble that made you perform a hard reset in the first place.
Can I Undo a Factory Reset?
No, a factory reset cannot be undone. Once you have performed a factory reset, all of your custom settings and preferences will be permanently erased.
If I am still having problems with my Vizio soundbar after performing a factory reset, what should I do?
If you are still having problems with your Vizio soundbar after performing a factory reset, you may need to contact Vizio customer support for assistance.