The Echo Show 5 is a smart device that combines the power of Amazon’s Alexa with a screen display. It comes with tons of impressive features that allow you to set alarms and timers, manage your smartphone, and do many more.
While the visual aspect comes with many perks, the audio quality is also important in ensuring an immersive experience.
In this guide, we will go into the audio settings of the Echo Show 5, tweaking various options to help you optimize the audio performance for the best possible soundstage.
Tweaking Audio Settings for Echo Show 5
1. Volume Control
This probably the most important settings on the Echo Show 5. You can make adjustments to the volume of the Echo Show 5 by using the physical buttons located on the top of the device or by using voice commands. All you need to do is say, “Alexa, volume up” or “Alexa, volume down” to fine-tune the audio level according to your preferences.
2. Equalizer Settings
The Echo Show 5 comes with a built-in equalizer, which you can use to tailor the audio output to suit your liking. Using the equalizer, you can adjust the intensity of specific audio frequencies, enabling you to enhance or reduce certain aspects of the sound. To use the equalizer settings, you can:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your Echo Show 5 device.
- Scroll down and choose the “Audio” option.
- Under the Equalizer section, you’ll find a list of preset options such as Bass Booster, Treble Reducer, and more. You can tweak these presets to find the one that suits your preferences.
3. Sound Mode
The Echo Show 5 also features different sound modes to help you adjust the audio output for specific events or media. The function of these sound modes is to enhance clarity, bass, or vocal presence depending on your needs. To access the sound mode settings:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap on the Devices tab.
- Select your Echo Show 5 device.
- Scroll down to the Audio section.
- Under Sound Mode, choose the mode that best suits you, such as Music, Movie, or News.
4. External Speaker Connection
The Echo Show 5 has does come with its own internal speakers, however, you can add external speakers to enhance the audio experience. For this, you will need to use the 3.5mm audio output jack to connect to a variety of speakers or audio systems. All you need to do is plug in the external speakers, and the Echo Show 5 will automatically route the audio output through them.
Best Audio Settings for Echo Show 5
Below, we have provided an example of the best audio settings for the Echo Show 5 to try out. This setting works best for watching movies on or listening to audio on the device.
- Volume Control: Set the volume level to a comfortable level that allows you to hear dialogue clearly.
- Equalizer Settings: In the Alexa app, navigate to your Echo Show 5’s audio settings and select the “Movie” or your preferred equalizer preset. This should enhancing dialogue intelligibility and creating a cinematic experience.
- Sound Mode: Choose the “Movie” sound mode if you’re watching a movie. The right mode will prioritize the best settings for you movie nights or media..
- External Speaker Connection: If you have an external speaker system, connect it to the Echo Show 5 through the 3.5mm audio output jack for improved sound.
The Echo Show 5 offers a range of audio settings and options to give you a better listening experience. From volume control to equalizer settings, sound modes, and even external speaker connections, you can customize the audio output according to your preferences with complete ease. You might want to try out as many functions as you can till you get the right option.