Indy Evo headphones from Skullcandy are known for their top-notch features and exceptional sound quality. While these features make them an excellent choice for an immersive listening experience, they are not without headaches.
Like all wireless earbuds, you will encounter times when the Indy Evo headphones may have connectivity issues, like not being able to pair together.
In this piece, we will take a look at the possible reasons behind this problem and provide detailed instructions on how to fix it.
Indy Evo Headphones Not Pairing Together: Likely Causes
- Bluetooth Interference: Other Bluetooth devices or physical objects may disrupt the wireless signal between your Indy Evo headphones and the paired device, causing them not to connect.
- Low Battery: If the battery of either earbud is low, the headphones may fail to pair together.
- Incorrect Pairing Process: If you are not following the correct steps for pairing your Indy Evo headphones, it can lead to connectivity issues.
- Software Glitch: Occasionally, a temporary software glitch or bug can prevent the Indy Evo headphones from pairing together. In such cases, a reset can often resolve the problem.
How to Fix Indy Evo Headphones Not Pairing Together
1. Check the Battery
- Place both earbuds in the charging case and ensure it is connected to a power source.
- Look for LED lights on the charging case, indicating that the earbuds are charging.
- Leave the earbuds in the case for at least 10 minutes to ensure they have sufficient charge.
2. Reset the Indy Evo Headphones
- Take both earbuds out of the charging case and make sure they are turned off.
- Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds at the same time for 10 seconds to perform a reset.
- The LED lights on the earbuds will blink, indicating that the reset process has been initiated.
- After the reset, place the earbuds back into the charging case.
3. Forget and Re-Pair the Headphones
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your device and forget the pairing information for the Indy Evo headphones.
- Return the earbuds to the charging case and close the lid.
- Take both earbuds out of the case and ensure they are turned off.
- Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for 5 seconds until the LED lights blink.
- The earbuds will enter pairing mode automatically.
- Open your device’s Bluetooth settings and select “Indy Evo” from the list of available devices to establish a new pairing.
4. Avoid Interference
- To minimize interference, move away from other Bluetooth devices or temporarily turn them off.
- Ensure there are no physical obstacles like walls or metal objects between your earbuds and the paired device.
5. Update Firmware
- Check the manufacturer’s website or use their dedicated app to see if there are any available firmware updates for your Indy Evo headphones.
- If an update is available, update the firmware to improve the performance of the headphones.
These steps should help you resolve the pairing issue with your Indy Evo headphones and allow you to enjoy their outstanding audio quality as you normally do.
How to Properly Pair Indy Evo Headphones with Different Devices
Knowing how to properly pair the Indy Evo headphones help prevent pairing issues. This guide covers all the steps to ensure a successful pairing process.
Pairing with a Smartphone (Android or iOS):
1. Turn on Bluetooth
- On your smartphone, go to the Settings menu.
- Look for the Bluetooth option and tap on it.
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch to turn it on.
2. Put Indy Evo Headphones in Pairing Mode
- Take both earbuds out of the charging case.
- Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the LED lights on the earbuds start flashing.
3. Connect to Indy Evo Headphones
- On your smartphone, look for available Bluetooth devices in the Bluetooth settings menu.
- You should see “Indy Evo” or a similar name on the list of available devices.
- Tap on the name to connect your smartphone to the Indy Evo headphones.
- Once connected, you will hear a confirmation sound, and the LED lights on the earbuds will stop flashing.
Pairing with a Tablet (Android or iOS):
1. Enable Bluetooth
- Open the Settings menu on your tablet.
- Locate and select the Bluetooth option.
- Turn on Bluetooth by toggling the switch to the “On” position.
2. Enter Pairing Mode on Indy Evo Headphones
- Take the earbuds out of the charging case.
- Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the LED lights start blinking.
3. Establish Connection
- Navigate to the Bluetooth settings menu on your tablet.
- Look for “Indy Evo” or a similar name in the list of available devices.
- Tap on the name to initiate the pairing process.
- Once connected, you will hear an audio confirmation, and the LED lights on the earbuds will stop flashing.