The HyperX Cloud 2 Mic is a reliable device that is not known to cause problems. However, this doesn’t means functionality issues would not happen. In some cases, the loss of functionality of the mic is due to simple reasons, but in other cases, you might need to apply complex fixes to resolve them.
In this article, we have provided a comprehensive guide to understanding HyperX Cloud 2 Mic issues and the right fixes to apply to get it working again. We’ve also included a guide on how to prevent these issues from reoccurring in the future.
HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working: Possible Causes
Firstly, let’s take a look at the possible causes of the HyperX Cloud 2 mic malfunction.
- The mic is not plugged in correctly: This may seem like an obvious one, but it’s important to ensure that your mic is plugged in correctly. The HyperX Cloud 2 comes with a detachable microphone that needs to be securely connected to the headset’s 3.5mm jack. Make sure that the mic is fully inserted into the jack, and you hear a click sound indicating it’s correctly attached.
- Audio settings need to be adjusted: Another reason for the mic not working could be due to incorrect audio settings. It’s important to ensure that the mic is selected as the default recording device on your computer. To do this, go to your computer’s sound settings and check if the HyperX Cloud 2 microphone is selected as the default recording device.
- The mic is muted: It’s possible that the mic is muted, either on the headset itself or in the computer’s audio settings. Ensure that the mic isn’t muted by checking the physical mute button on the headset or the software settings.
- The mic is damaged: If you’ve checked all the above reasons and still have no success, it’s possible that the microphone is damaged. The detachable mic is susceptible to damage due to wear and tear. It could also be due to accidental damage, such as dropping the headset. In such cases, it’s best to contact HyperX support for a replacement mic.
HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working: DIY Fixes
Now, let’s move on to the possible fixes to get the HyperX Cloud 2 not working:
1. Check the Cable and Connections
The first thing you should do when you encounter a non-working HyperX Cloud 2 mic is to check the cable and connections. Ensure that the cable connecting the headset to your computer is not damaged or frayed. If it is, you may need to replace the cable. Also, check if the mic is securely connected to the headset’s 3.5mm jack.
2. Adjust Audio Settings
Check if the mic is selected as the default recording device on your computer. You can also try adjusting the microphone levels in the audio settings to ensure that the mic is not too low or too high. Additionally, you can try disabling other recording devices that you are not using to reduce interference.
3. Unmute the Mic
It’s essential to ensure that the mic is not muted on the headset or in the computer’s audio settings. If it is muted, simply unmute it and test if it’s working. If the microphone has a physical mute button, make sure that the button is not turned on.
4. Update Drivers
Ensure that the headset’s drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the HyperX website or use a driver update tool to automatically update the drivers. Outdated drivers can cause several issues, including non-working microphones.
5. Try a Different USB Port
If the headset is connected via USB, try using a different USB port to see if that fixes the issue. Sometimes, certain USB ports may not provide enough power to the headset, resulting in the mic not working.
6. Reset Audio Settings
Sometimes, audio settings may get corrupted, resulting in the mic not working. You can try resetting the audio settings to default and then configuring them again. This may help in resolving the issue.
7. Contact HyperX Support
If none of the above fixes work, it’s best to contact HyperX support for assistance. They may be able to provide further troubleshooting steps or replace the mic if it’s a hardware issue.
How to Prevent HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Functionality Issues
HyperX Cloud 2 Mic functionality issues can easily be prevented by practicing the right maintenance tips. Once you’ve fixed the microphone, it is important to apply these tips to prevent it from happening in the future.
- Store your headset properly: When you’re not using your HyperX Cloud 2 headset, make sure to store it in a safe place. Avoid leaving it in a place where it can be damaged, like on the floor or in a high-traffic area.
- Keep it clean: As you put the mic to use, dust and debris can accumulate on your headset, including on the microphone. Make sure to clean it regularly with a soft cloth to prevent any build-up that could interfere with its performance.
- Be gentle with it: It may seem obvious, but it’s important to handle your headset with care. Avoid dropping it or pulling on the cords too hard, as this can damage the connections and cause issues with the microphone.
- Keep it up to date: If you’re using a PC, make sure to keep your audio drivers up to date. This can help prevent any potential driver-related issues that could cause your microphone to stop working.
By following these tips, you can help prevent HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working problems and enjoy your headset for years to come. Remember to always handle your headset with care, keep it clean, and stay up to date with any necessary software updates.
If you’re not able to use the solutions provided above to get your HyperX Cloud 2 mic working again, you might want to consider reaching out to the manufacturer. If you‘re still within the warranty period, you could get it fixed for free. Ensure you apply all the fixes above before reaching out to save you the time