Jabra Evolve 75 is a premium wireless headset designed for professionals who need a reliable communication tool for work. It boasts of excellent sound quality, noise-cancellation, and comfortable ear pads that make it perfect for extended use.
However, functionality issues are not uncommon with the Jabra Evolve 75. Some users might notice that the microphone fails to work when in use.
In this article, we will provide detailed solutions on how to fix your microphone’s issues.
How To Fix the Jabra Evolve 75 Microphone
Step 1: Check Your Microphone Settings
The first thing to do when you encounter a microphone problem with your Jabra Evolve 75 is to check your microphone settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select “Sounds.”
- Click on the “Recording” tab and look for the Jabra Evolve 75 microphone.
- If the microphone is not visible, right-click on the empty space and check “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices.”
- If the microphone is still not visible, try connecting the headset to another USB port or use a different USB cable.
- If you see the microphone, right-click on it and select “Set as Default Device.”
- Click on “Properties” and go to the “Levels” tab to make sure that the microphone volume is not set to zero.
Step 2: Check Your Microphone Hardware
If your microphone settings are correct and you still cannot use the Jabra Evolve 75 microphone, the problem may be with the hardware. Here are some steps to check your microphone hardware:
- Make sure that the microphone is not muted. On the Jabra Evolve 75, there is a mute button on the headset. Press it to unmute the microphone.
- Check the microphone boom arm to ensure that it is properly connected to the headset. If it is loose, adjust it and make sure that it is securely attached.
- Inspect the microphone for any visible damage or debris that may block the sound. If you see any debris, gently remove it using a soft brush or cloth.
Step 3: Check Your Audio Drivers
If your microphone hardware is in good condition and your microphone settings are correct, the problem may be with your audio drivers. Here’s what you can do:
- Press the Windows key + X and select “Device Manager.”
- Expand the “Audio inputs and outputs” category and locate the Jabra Evolve 75 headset.
- Right-click on the headset and select “Update Driver.”
- Follow the prompts to update your audio drivers.
Step 4: Reset Your Jabra Evolve 75 Headset
If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your Jabra Evolve 75 headset. Here’s how:
- Ensure that your headset is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power and Mute buttons simultaneously for five seconds until the LED lights on the headset flash.
- Release both buttons.
- Turn on your headset and test the microphone.
Step 5: Contact Jabra Support
If you have tried all the above steps and your Jabra Evolve 75 microphone still does not work, it may be time to contact Jabra support. They have a team of experts who can provide further assistance in resolving your issue. You would also get free support if you’re within the warranty period.
How To Prevent Jabra Evolve 75 Microphone Problems
Jabra Evolve 75 microphone problems are quite common, but that doesn’t mean you can’t prevent them from happening. Applying the right maintenance tips could make a huge difference and improve the lifespan of the microphone. Below, we have provided you with some tips to ensure your microphone works seamlessly:
Keep the Microphone Clean
The first and foremost thing you need to do is to keep the microphone clean. As you use the microphone, dirt and debris will buildup, causing sound quality issues. To prevent this, use a soft cloth to wipe the microphone gently. Do not use any harsh cleaning agents, as it may damage the microphone.
Adjust Microphone Position
The position of the microphone also plays a crucial role in sound quality. Make sure the microphone is positioned correctly in front of your mouth. It should not be too close or too far away from your mouth. A good rule of thumb is to keep the microphone 2-3 inches away from your mouth.
Check for Software Updates
Jabra frequently releases software updates that improve the performance of the device. Make sure you check for any software updates regularly and install them. You can do this by downloading the Jabra Direct software on your computer.
Check Battery Level
Low battery level can also cause microphone problems. Make sure your Jabra Evolve 75 has enough battery life. When the battery level is low, the microphone may not work correctly. To prevent this, charge your headset regularly.
Reduce Background Noise
Background noise can also cause microphone problems. Make sure you are in a quiet environment when using your Jabra Evolve 75. If you cannot avoid background noise, use the noise-canceling feature to minimize it.
To check for microphone problems, test the microphone and confirm it is working correctly. You can do this by using the “Listen to this device” feature on your computer. To do this, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, click on “Recording Devices,” select your Jabra Evolve 75 microphone, and click on “Properties.” Then click on the “Listen” tab and check the “Listen to this device” box. Speak into the microphone, and if you can hear your voice clearly, the microphone is working correctly.
If you encounter a microphone issue with your Jabra Evolve 75, you can follow the steps above to troubleshoot the problem. Start by checking your microphone settings, inspecting your microphone hardware, updating your audio drivers, and then resetting your headset.
Jabra Evolve 75 microphone problems can be prevented by following the tips we’ve provided. These tips will ensure your Jabra Evolve 75 works seamlessly and provide the high-quality sound you need for your work.