Wireless earbuds have become an essential accessory for music lovers, gamers, and professionals who require the convenience and freedom of cable-free listening.
Onn Wireless Earbuds are one of the most popular earbuds in the market today. However, you might face a common issue where your earbuds refuse to pair with your device, leaving you confused.
In this guide, we will dive deeper into the causes of Onn Wireless Earbuds not pairing and provide you with some detailed fixes to solve this problem.
Onn Wireless Earbuds Not Pairing: Common Causes
Before jumping into the fixes, let’s discuss some of the most common reasons why your Onn Wireless Earbuds may not pair with your device.
- Low battery: The most obvious and straightforward reason why your earbuds might not be pairing is due to a low battery. When your earbuds are low on charge, they might not have enough power to establish a connection with your device. Ensure that your earbuds are fully charged before attempting to pair them with your device.
- Bluetooth is disabled: Another common reason why your Onn Wireless Earbuds may not be pairing is that Bluetooth might be disabled on your device. Bluetooth is the technology that allows your earbuds to communicate with your device wirelessly. To ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device, go to your device’s settings and turn on Bluetooth.
- Earbuds are not in pairing mode: To connect your Onn Wireless Earbuds with your device, you must put them in pairing mode. If your earbuds are not in pairing mode, they will not show up in your device’s Bluetooth list. To put your earbuds in pairing mode, press and hold the button on each earbud until the LED lights on the earbuds start flashing rapidly.
- Distance and obstacles: Your earbuds have a limited range within which they can pair with your device. The range is typically up to 33 feet (10 meters), depending on the environment. Additionally, obstacles like walls, furniture, or other electronics may interfere with the signal and disrupt the pairing process.
- Firmware updates: Software updates can help fix bugs and enhance the performance of your earbuds. If your earbuds are not updated, it may cause compatibility issues with your device and prevent them from pairing.
- Device compatibility: Your Onn Wireless Earbuds may not be compatible with all devices. For instance, your earbuds may work seamlessly with one device but not with another. Ensure that your device is compatible with your earbuds before attempting to pair them.
Fixes for Onn Wireless Earbuds Not Pairing
Now that we have identified some common causes, let’s explore some detailed fixes to help you get your Onn Wireless Earbuds paired with your device.
Charge your earbuds: If your earbuds are not pairing, ensure that they are fully charged. To charge your earbuds, place them in their charging case and connect the case to a power source. Wait until the charging process is complete, then remove the earbuds from the case and try pairing them with your device again.
Check Bluetooth settings: Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device and that your device is discoverable. Go to your device’s settings and turn on Bluetooth. Then, select the option to make your device discoverable so that your earbuds can connect to it.
Put your earbuds in pairing mode: To put your earbuds in pairing mode, press and hold the button on each earbud until the LED lights on the earbuds start flashing rapidly. This indicates that the earbuds are in pairing mode and ready to be connected to your device.
Move closer to your device: If you are experiencing pairing issues due to distance or obstacles, try moving closer to your device. This will improve the strength of the Bluetooth signal and allow your earbuds to pair with your device.
Update your earbud’s firmware: Check if there are any available firmware updates for your Onn Wireless Earbuds. To update your earbud’s firmware, follow these steps:
- Ensure that your earbuds are fully charged.
- Connect your earbuds to your device using the charging cable.
- Visit the Onn website and download the latest firmware for your earbuds.
- Follow the instructions provided by Onn to update your earbuds’ firmware.
Check device compatibility: If your earbuds are not pairing with your device, check if your device is compatible with your earbuds. Visit the Onn website or consult the user manual to ensure that your device is compatible with your earbuds.
Reset your earbuds If all else fails, you can reset your Onn Wireless Earbuds. Follow these steps:
- Place your earbuds in the charging case.
- Press and hold the button on each earbud until the LED lights on the earbuds turn off.
- Release the buttons and remove the earbuds from the charging case.
- Put your earbuds back in pairing mode and try pairing them with your device again.
How To Maintain The Onn Wireless Earbuds
Here are some tips to maintain your ONN wireless earbuds:
- Clean your earbuds regularly with a soft, dry cloth. This will help to remove any dirt, dust or earwax that may accumulate on the earbuds over time.
- Store your earbuds in their charging case when not in use. This will help to protect them from damage and ensure they are always charged when you need them.
- Avoid exposing your earbuds to extreme temperatures or moisture as this can cause damage to the internal components and reduce their lifespan.
- Keep your earbuds away from strong magnets or magnetic fields. These can interfere with the earbuds’ wireless signal and affect their performance.
- Use the right size ear tips for a comfortable and secure fit to reduce the risk of them falling out or getting lost.
- Avoid pulling or tugging on the earbuds’ cables when disconnecting them from your device. This can damage the cables and affect the earbuds’ sound quality.
- Update your earbuds’ firmware as necessary to ensure they are running the latest software and performing at their best.