It can be frustrating when your Heyday headphones just won’t turn on. This can happen due to several reasons ranging from a drained battery to software glitches or hardware malfunctions. In this guide, we will walk you through some simple steps to identify the causes and provide you with easy-to-follow solutions.
This guide can help you troubleshoot the problem and get your headphones working again.
Fixes for Heyday Headphones Not Turning On
Step 1: Check the Battery
The most obvious reason for headphones not turning on is a drained battery. Make sure your headphones have enough power.
- Find the charging cable that came with your Heyday headphones.
- Connect the charging cable to the headphones.
- Plug the other end of the cable into a working USB port or a power adapter.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes to let the headphones charge.
- After charging, disconnect the cable and try turning on the headphones.
Step 2: Reset the Headphones
Heyday headphones issues can also be due to minor software issues. Resetting the headphones can often solve the problem. You can fix this through the following steps:
- Look for a small reset button on your Heyday headphones. It’s usually located on the side or the bottom of one of the ear cups.
- Take a small pin or a paperclip and press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button and try turning on the headphones.
Step 3: Check the Audio Source
If the headphones still don’t turn on, you might want to check if the problem lies with the audio source you’re using. You can follow these steps to fix this:
- Make sure the audio source is turned on and not in silent or airplane mode.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the headphones to the audio source.
- Try connecting the headphones to a different audio source to see if they turn on.
Step 4: Check the Charging Cable and Port
If the software is perfect, the problem could be due to the charging cable or the USB port you’re using. You can fix this problem using these steps:
- Examine the charging cable for any signs of damage, which could be frayed wires or bent connectors. If you notice any of these problems, you can try using a different charging cable.
- Inspect the USB port on your headphones and make sure it is clean and free from debris. If you notice any dirt or dust, you can get a soft cloth and gently clean it.
- Try using a different USB port or charger. This would rule out the possibility of a faulty port or charger.
Step 5: Update Firmware
If your Heyday headphones have firmware that can be updated, you might want to check them out to see if there are any available updates. While this won’t work in all cases, updating the firmware can sometimes fix software-related issues and improve overall performance
- To update the firmware, you will have to check for updates on the Heyday website or check the documentation that came with your headphones.
- Download and install the latest firmware onto your headphones.
- Once the firmware update is complete, try turning on the headphones again.
Step 6: Perform a Hard Reset
If you’re still experiencing issues with the headphones, a hard reset can help resolve them. Keep in mind that not all Heyday headphones have a hard reset option, so you might want to check out the user manual to see if this step is applicable to your model. If a hard reset is possible, you can:
- Locate the hard reset button or combination of buttons on your headphones. You can confirm which buttons can perform the hard reset in the user manual or check the manufacturer’s website.
- Press and hold the hard reset buttons for around 10-20 seconds.
- Release the button and try to turn on the headphones again.
Step 7: Go for Professional Repair or Replacement
If none of the previous steps have resolved the issue, you might be dealing with a more complex hardware problem. In such cases, the best thing to do would be to reach out to the retailer you purchased the headphones from. You might be able to trade them for a better option or get them to fix it if your headphones are still under warranty.
Step 8: Contact Customer Support
If you’ve tried all the steps above and your Heyday headphones still won’t turn on, you might want to try to reach out to customer support. They will be able to assist you and get the headphones working again.
You might want to check the warranty card to ensure that you’re still under warranty, so you will be able to get a free replacement or a free fix.