Zihnic headphones’ pairing issues usually have to do with firmware issues, incorrect Bluetooth settings, or a low battery charge. Once you’ve fixed all of these you should be able to get the headphones pairing and working again.
In this guide, you find the reasons for your Zihnic headphone’s pairing issues and learn the fixes to apply.
Zihnic Headphones Not Pairing: LIkely Causes
- Bluetooth Connectivity: This is pretty much the first thing that comes to mind when your Zihnic headphones might not be pairing. Bluetooth is the technology that allows your headphones to connect wirelessly to your device, like a smartphone or computer.
- Low Battery: Another thing to consider that could cause pairing problems is a low battery. If your Zihnic headphones have insufficient power, they might struggle to establish a stable connection with your device.
Fixes for Zihnic Headphones Not Pairing
Check Bluetooth Settings
- Step 1: Go to the settings menu on your device
- Step 2: Look for the Bluetooth settings and ensure it’s turned on.
- Step 3: If it’s already on, turn it off and then turn it back on again. This can sometimes help refresh the Bluetooth connection.
- Step 1: Locate the power button on your Zihnic headphones. It’s usually located on one of the earcups.
- Step 2: Press and hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds until you see the LED lights on the headphones flash or hear a sound indicating a reset.
- Step 3: Release the power button and wait for a few moments while the headphones reset.
- Step 4: Try pairing your headphones with your device again.
Charge the Headphones
- Step 1: Connect your Zihnic headphones to a power source using the provided charging cable.
- Step 2: Let the headphones charge for at least 30 minutes to ensure they have enough power.
- Step 3: Once fully charged, try pairing them with your device again.
Unpair and Re-pair
- Step 1: Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device.
- Step 2: Find the list of paired devices and locate your Zihnic headphones.
- Step 3: Tap on the option to forget or unpair the headphones from your device.
- Step 4: Now, turn off and on the Bluetooth on your device.
- Step 5: Put your Zihnic headphones into pairing mode. You might have to check the user manual to find the specific instructions for your model.
- Step 6: Once in pairing mode, go back to the Bluetooth settings on your device and select your Zihnic headphones to initiate the pairing process again.
Reach Out to Support
If none of the above fixes work, the next thing to do would be to contact Zihnic customer support to help you out.
How to Pair Zihnic Headphones to Different Devices
If you’re having trouble pairing your Zihnic headphones with your device, it could be that you’re not pairing them problem. Just follow these simple steps to pair your Zihnic headphones on different devices.
- Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth – Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on “Bluetooth”. Make sure it’s turned on.
- Step 2: Put Zihnic headphones in pairing mode – Press and hold the power button on the headphones until the LED light starts blinking in blue and red. This means the headphones are now in pairing mode.
- Step 3: Connect the headphones – On your iPhone/iPad, you will see “Zihnic Headphones” in the list of available devices under Bluetooth settings. Tap on it to connect.
- Step 4: Confirm pairing – Once connected, you’ll see a notification on your device confirming the successful pairing.
For Android Phones/Tablets
- Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth – Open the “Settings” app on your Android device and look for “Bluetooth”. Turn it on.
- Step 2: Activate pairing mode on Zihnic headphones – Press and hold the power button on the headphones until the LED light starts flashing in blue and red. This indicates that the headphones are in pairing mode.
- Step 3: Pair the headphones – In the Bluetooth settings on your Android device, look for “Zihnic Headphones” in the list of available devices. Tap on it to pair.
- Step 4: Confirm pairing – Once the pairing is successful, you’ll receive a notification on your device.
For Windows PC/Laptop
- Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth – Open the Start menu and go to “Settings”. Click on “Devices” and then select “Bluetooth & other devices”. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Step 2: Enable pairing mode on Zihnic headphones – Press and hold the power button on the headphones until the LED light starts flashing blue and red. This indicates that the headphones are ready to pair.
- Step 3: Pair the headphones – On your Windows PC/Laptop, click on the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and select “Add Bluetooth or other device”. Choose “Bluetooth” and select “Zihnic Headphones” from the list.
- Step 4: Confirm pairing – Once the pairing is complete, you’ll see a notification on your computer screen.