Whether you’re a pro gamer or you just started playing video games, having a high-end headset can make a huge difference in your gaming session. The Astro A50 is a premium gaming headset that ticks all the right boxes when it to the quality of sound, comfort, and adaptability.
However, knowing how to configure the EQ settings to enhance your gaming experience can be confusing given the wealth of customization options available.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take you through the steps to set up your Astro A50 EQ settings to ensure that you’re getting the best audio experience possible.
Astro A50 EQ Settings Guide
EQ or equalizer settings allow you to adjust the audio levels of specific frequencies to suit your preferences. In simpler terms, you can adjust the bass, treble, and mid-range frequencies to create a sound profile that is tailored to your desires.
Step 1: Choose a Preset
The Astro A50 headset comes with several EQ presets built-in, including Astro, Pro, Studio, and others. These presets adjust the audio levels of different frequencies to enhance specific audio aspects of your gaming experience. Here’s a breakdown of each preset:
- Astro: This preset is designed for competitive gaming and emphasizes the mid-range frequencies for clear voice chat.
- Pro: The Pro preset boosts high and low frequencies for a more immersive audio experience.
- Studio: The Studio preset is ideal for music and movies, with a balanced audio profile that emphasizes mid-range frequencies.
- Media: This preset emphasizes low frequencies for a more cinematic audio experience.
To choose a preset, locate the EQ button on your Astro A50 headset, which is located on the right earcup. Pressing this button will cycle through each preset until you find the one that you prefer.
Step 2: Customize Your EQ Settings
If you have it in mind to create a custom EQ setting, the Astro Command Center software makes it a walk in the park. Here’s how to get started:
- Download and install the Astro Command Center software on your computer.
- Connect your Astro A50 headset to your computer using the included USB cable.
- Open the Astro Command Center software and select your Astro A50 headset from the list of devices.
- Click on the “EQ” tab to access the EQ settings.
- You’ll see a graph with different frequencies on the x-axis and decibels on the y-axis. Click and drag on the graph to adjust the audio levels of each frequency.
- Save your custom EQ settings by clicking on the “Save” button at the bottom of the window.
- To use your custom EQ settings on your Astro A50 headset, press and hold the EQ button on your headset until you hear a tone. This indicates that your custom EQ settings are now active.
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for Footsteps
First things first, make sure you’re in the “Astro” EQ preset mode. When done, you’ll want to adjust the EQ sliders to boost the higher frequencies that footsteps tend to fall in. Here’s an example of EQ settings that should work well for picking up footsteps:
- 100Hz: -2dB
- 500Hz: -2dB
- 1kHz: 2dB
- 2kHz: 3dB
- 4kHz: 3dB
- 8kHz: 0dB
- 16kHz: -3dB
These settings should help you hear footsteps more clearly without sacrificing too much in the way of other sounds like gunfire or explosions.
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for PS5
With the right EQ settings on your PS5, you can make your games sound even better and get a competitive edge in multiplayer.
First off, let’s make sure you’re in the right preset mode. For PS5, you’ll want to use the “Astro” preset mode, which is optimized for gaming on Sony’s console. Once you’re in that mode, it’s time to start tweaking the EQ settings.
When it comes to EQ settings for PS5, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. It really depends on what kind of game you’re playing and what you want to prioritize in the sound mix. That being said, here’s an example of EQ settings that should work well for most games on PS5:
- 32Hz: -1dB
- 64Hz: -1dB
- 125Hz: -1dB
- 250Hz: 0dB
- 500Hz: 1dB
- 1kHz: 2dB
- 2kHz: 3dB
- 4kHz: 4dB
- 8kHz: 3dB
- 16kHz: -3dB
These settings should give you a nice, balanced sound that lets you hear everything you need to in the game. Of course, you can always experiment with the settings and adjust them as you wish – that’s the beauty of having a customizable EQ!
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for Warzone
In Warzone, the victor is easily decided by the player that can easily hear enemies’ footsteps and other subtle audio cues. By tweaking your EQ settings to prioritize clarity and detail in the mid-to-high frequencies, you can ensure you get on top.
First, set the master volume to a comfortable level.
After that, you need to go to the EQ settings and make the following adjustments
- Set the first band (low frequencies) to +3 dB. This will give you a decent amount of bass without overwhelming the other frequencies.
- Set the second band (low-mid frequencies) to -1 dB. This will help balance out the bass with the midrange frequencies.
- Set the third band (midrange frequencies) to +4 dB. This will boost the clarity and detail in this range, making it easier to hear footsteps.
- Set the fourth band (high frequencies) to +3 dB. This will further enhance the clarity and detail in the high frequencies, helping you to distinguish between different sounds.
Lastly, save your EQ settings and test them out in Warzone. Adjust them as necessary based on your personal preferences and the specific audio settings of your game.
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for Valorant
Here’s an example of the best EQ settings for Valorant on the Astro A50:
Start by setting the master volume to a comfortable level.
After that, go to the EQ settings and adjust them as follows:
- Set the first band (low frequencies) to +2 dB. This will provide enough bass to give you a good sense of the game’s soundscape.
- Set the second band (low-mid frequencies) to 0 dB. This will maintain a balanced sound and prevent any muddiness in the midrange.
- Set the third band (midrange frequencies) to +5 dB. This will boost the clarity and detail in this range, making it easier to hear footsteps, and gunshots.
- Set the fourth band (high frequencies) to +3 dB. This will enhance the clarity and detail in the high frequencies, allowing you to distinguish between different sounds and identify their precise location.
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for Apex Legends
Below are some general guidelines that can help you get the best sound when playing Apex Legends:
- Balanced EQ Setting: If you want a well-rounded audio experience, try using the “Balanced” EQ setting. This will give you a good mix of bass, mid-range, and treble frequencies, making it easier to hear important audio cues like footsteps and gunshots.
- Footstep Focused EQ Setting: If you’re playing competitively and want to focus on hearing enemy footsteps, try using an EQ setting that emphasizes mid-range frequencies. This will make footsteps more audible and give you a competitive edge in the game.
- Bass Boosted EQ Setting: If you want to feel the impact of every explosion and gunshot, use an EQ setting that emphasizes bass frequencies. This will give you a more immersive audio experience and make the game feel more intense.
- Vocal Focused EQ Setting: If you want to hear your teammates more clearly during in-game chat, try adjusting the EQ settings on the mid to high-range frequencies. This will make their voices more clear and easy to understand.
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for Fortnite
Here are some tips on the best Astro A50 EQ settings for Fortnite:
- “Balanced” EQ Setting: If you want an all-around audio experience that’s not too heavy on any particular frequency range, try using the “Balanced” EQ setting. This will give you a good mix of bass, mid-range, and treble frequencies, thereby boosting important audio cues.
- “Footstep Focus” EQ Setting: If you’re looking to gain a competitive edge and improve your ability to hear enemy footsteps, use an EQ setting that places focus on mid-range frequencies.
- “Bass Boost” EQ Setting: If you want to feel more immersed in the game and really feel the impact of every explosion and gunshot, try using an EQ setting that emphasizes bass frequencies.
- “Voice Focus” EQ Setting: If you’re playing Fortnite with friends and want to improve your in-game chat experience, go for an EQ setting that improves mid to high-range frequencies.
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for Modern Warfare
Here are some suggested EQ settings that many gamers have found helpful:
- ASTRO A50 MOD KIT – This setting is tailored for use with the Astro A50 mod kit, which includes a noise-cancelling microphone and customizable speaker tags.
- CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE – This setting is optimized for Call of Duty Modern Warfare and can help to enhance the sounds of footsteps, gunfire, and other in-game audio cues.
- FOOTSTEPS – This setting boosts the lower frequencies to help you hear enemy footsteps more clearly, which can give you a competitive edge in games like Modern Warfare.
- SUPER CRISP – This setting emphasizes high-frequency sounds for greater clarity, which can be useful for hearing distant gunfire and other audio cues.
Best Astro A50 EQ Settings for Gaming
Here are some of the best EQ settings for gaming with the Astro A50:
- ASTRO – This preset is designed specifically for use with Astro headsets and can help to optimize your audio for the A50 headset.
- FPS COMP – This setting is perfect for first-person shooter games, as it boosts the lower frequencies to enhance the sounds of footsteps and gunfire.
- SPACIAL – This preset emphasizes the mid-range frequencies, which can help to create a more immersive gaming experience by making it easier to locate sounds in 3D space.
- SUPER CRISP – As the name suggests, this preset emphasizes the high frequencies for greater clarity, which can be useful for picking up on subtle audio cues.
- BASS BOOST – If you’re a fan of bass-heavy games like racing games or action-adventure games, this preset is for you! It boosts the lower frequencies for a more impactful and immersive audio experience.
Best Astro A50 EQ Presets Download Guide
Below, we’ll go over the steps you need to take to download and install EQ presets for your Astro A50 headset.
Step 1: Connect Your Astro A50 Headset to Your Computer
The first step in downloading and installing EQ presets for your Astro A50 headset is to connect your headset to your computer using the USB cable that came with your headset. Make sure your headset is turned on and set to the correct mode (either Xbox or PC).
Step 2: Download and Install the Astro Command Center
To customize your EQ presets, you’ll need to download and install the Astro Command Center software. This software is available for free from the Astro website. When you’re done downloading the software, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your computer.
Step 3: Launch the Astro Command Center
Once you’ve installed the Astro Command Center software, launch the program from your desktop or Start menu.
Step 4: Log in to Your Astro Account
To access the EQ presets for your Astro A50 headset, you’ll need to log in to your Astro account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free on the Astro website.
Step 5: Download EQ Presets for Your Astro A50 Headset
Log into the Astro Command Center. Now, you can browse and download a variety of EQ presets for your Astro A50 headset.
To download a preset, simply click on your preferred choice and then click the “Download” button. The preset will be downloaded and can be accessed in the list of presets available in the Astro Command Center.
Step 6: Customize Your EQ Presets
You can also customize the downloaded preset to suit your individual preferences. You can adjust the EQ settings, microphone volume, and sidetone settings as well.
To do this, simply select the preset from the list of presets in the Astro Command Center and then adjust the settings as you want.
Step 7: Save and Apply Your EQ Presets
Once customized, you can save it and apply it to your Astro A50 headset.
To do this, simply click the “Save” button in the Astro Command Center and then select the preset you want to save. You can apply the saved preset to your headset by selecting it from the list of presets in the Astro Command Center.