Are you having issues with your Bose Soundbar 700 remote control? Is it blinking or unresponsive? Don’t worry, this guide will help you out.
In this guide, we’ll provide a detailed breakdown of how to fix the blinking remote issue of the Bose Soundbar 700.
Bose Soundbar 700 Remote Blinking: Common Causes
Before we dive into the solutions, let’s first understand what causes the remote to blink.
- Low Battery: The first and most common cause of the blinking remote problem is low battery. When the battery level is low, the remote may not function properly, resulting in the blinking issue.
- Interference from Other Electronic Devices: Another common cause of the blinking remote issue is interference from other electronic devices in the vicinity. This can disrupt the connection between the remote and the soundbar, causing the blinking problem.
- Firmware Issue: A firmware issue can also cause the blinking remote problem on the Bose Soundbar 700. If the firmware is outdated or corrupt, the remote may not be able to connect to the soundbar properly, resulting in the blinking issue.
How to Fix the Bose Soundbar 700 Blinking Remote Problem
Let’s take a look at the solutions to fix it.
Solution 1: Check the Battery Level
The first and easiest solution is to check the battery level of the remote control. To do this, press and hold the Power button on the remote. If the battery level is low, replace the batteries with new ones.
Solution 2: Reset the Remote Control
The next thing to do is to reset the remote control. To do this, press and hold the Power and Skip Forward buttons on the remote for about five seconds until the LED on the remote blinks twice. This will reset the remote control and should fix the blinking issue.
Solution 3: Move the Soundbar and Remote Control
You should also consider moving the soundbar and remote control to a different location. This will help to eliminate any interference from other electronic devices that may be causing the blinking remote issue. Make sure there are no obstacles between the remote and the soundbar.
Solution 4: Update the Firmware
If none of the above solutions work, it’s possible that the blinking remote issue is caused by a firmware issue. To fix this, you need to update the firmware of your Bose Soundbar 700. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Press and hold the Power button on the remote control until the soundbar turns off.
- Step 2: Unplug the soundbar from the power source and wait for about 30 seconds.
- Step 3: Plug the soundbar back into the power source and wait for it to turn on.
- Step 4: Once the soundbar is on, press and hold the Play/Pause button on the remote control until “UPDATE” appears on the soundbar’s display.
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.
- Step 6: Once the firmware is updated, the soundbar will restart and the blinking remote issue should be fixed.
How to Boost Your Sound Experience with the Bose Soundbar
Here is an in-depth guide on how to boost your sound experience with the Bose Soundbar:
Choose the right placement
The placement of your Bose soundbar can have a significant impact on your sound experience. To get the best sound quality, you need to position your soundbar correctly. It is best to place the soundbar at ear level, so you hear the sound directly.
If you mount your soundbar on a wall, make sure it is centered and at the right height. Also, ensure that the soundbar is not obstructed by any objects or furniture.
Use the correct cables
To get the best sound quality, you need to use the correct cables. Make sure you use high-quality HDMI cables to connect your soundbar to your TV. HDMI cables provide better sound quality compared to other cables like optical or RCA cables. If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port, use an optical cable instead.
Adjust the sound settings
Your Bose soundbar comes with various sound settings that you can adjust to get the best sound quality. You can adjust the bass, treble, and other settings to match your preference. If you want a more immersive sound experience, you can also enable the surround sound setting.
Use the Bose app
The Bose app allows you to control your soundbar and customize your sound experience further. You can adjust the sound settings, choose different modes, and even set up Alexa or Google Assistant. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Pair your soundbar with other Bose speakers
If you have other Bose speakers, you can pair them with your soundbar to create a multi-room audio system. This allows you to play music in multiple rooms simultaneously, and the sound will sync perfectly.
To do this, you need to connect your speakers to the same Wi-Fi network as your soundbar and use the Bose app to set them up.
Calibrate your soundbar
Bose soundbars come with a calibration system that ensures you get the best sound quality for your room. To do this, you need to run the ADAPTiQ calibration process.
This process involves placing the calibration headset in different spots in your room while the soundbar emits test sounds. The calibration process will then adjust the soundbar settings to match your room’s acoustics.
Upgrade your soundbar firmware
Bose regularly releases firmware updates that improve the soundbar’s performance and add new features. To ensure you get the best sound experience, you need to keep your soundbar firmware up to date. You can check for firmware updates through the Bose app or the Bose website.