Bose soundbars are known for their high-quality sound and sleek design. They are a popular choice for people who want to improve the sound quality of their TV without having to endure all the space consumption that comes with home theatres.
If you happen to own one, and for some reason, you’re experiencing some issues, we’ll be helping you with this article. In subsequent writing, we will be giving a step-by-step guide on how to factory reset your Bose soundbar – the best troubleshooting method.
How to Factory Reset a Bose Soundbar
Although a reset is not the only troubleshooting procedure for fixing a Bose soundbar, it’s by far the most efficient as it pretty much resets your system to whatever personalization it had before you started tinkering with it. This is the best method to handle soundbar problems when you can’t pinpoint a specific hardware-related problem.
There are two ways you can reset a Bose soundbar; through a soft reset to remove temporary settings, or a factory/hard reset to return the device to its original state. While that’s the case, the current five Bose soundbar releases (300, 500, 600,700, and 900) all have the same resetting procedures.
How to Soft Reset a Bose Soundbar
- Turn off the soundbar and disconnect the power cable from the socket.
- Dis connect all other cables and accessories, and wait for about 5 minutes before plugging them back in.
- Reconnect the power cable and put it back on.
- After booting, reconnect other cables.
How to Factory Reset a Bose Soundbar
Factory resetting a Bose soundbar is a little bit tricky compared to other soundbar models. This is because it’s usually connected to a voice assistant or Alexa, as such, you’ll need to have it removed before going through with the actual reset. More so the procedure for every voice assistant is different. Here are ways you can factory reset your Bose soundbar depending on the kind of AI you’re connected to.
How to Factory Reset a Bose Soundbar not Connected with any Voice Assistant
- Launch the Bose music app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the My Account icon, and navigate through Manage Products >> Edit >> Select Your Soundbar >> Delete.
- Tap on Delete and then confirm by hitting Remove.
- Long-press the power and fast forward buttons (for the 500, 600, 700, and 900), or the play/pause button (for the 300) simultaneously for about 10 seconds
- You’ll know your device has been reset when the light on the soundbar flashes twice.
How to Factory Reset a Bose Soundbar that’s Connected with Alexa
In this case, you’ll need to disconnect Alexa first, before performing the normal reset because the bug you’re looking to fix is most likely still integrated with Alexa.
- Launch the Alexa app
- Navigate through Devices >> Echo & Alexa (or All Devices) >> Bose Soundbar >> then tap on Remove.
- In case you can’t find the Remove button, scroll down to Deregister.
- For users with Prime membership, on your Prime account, you can navigate through Devices >> Remove Device.
- Launch the Bose app on your smartphone
- Navigate through Settings >> Voice Assistant >> Alexa >> Remove account
- Tap on Remove to confirm, then revert back to steps 2 – 5 as if your device isn’t connected to any voice assistant.
How to Factory Reset a Bose Soundbar that’s Connected with Google Assistant
- Launch the Bose music app on your smartphone
- Navigate through Settings >> Voice Assistant >> Google Assistant >> Remove Account
- Tap on Remove to confirm, then follow steps 2 – 5 as if your device isn’t connected to any voice assistant.
How to Reset Bose Soundbar Universal Remote
The Bose soundbar remote is a device that gives users the luxury of allowing them to control their device while seated from afar when they don’t have a voice assistant AI installed. If you’ve somehow done something to the remote that requires it to be reset to function properly again, here’s how to do it.
- While the soundbar is on, long press the source button on the remote
- Wait till you see the six source buttons lit
- Now input “981”, the remote should reset automatically thereafter.
Bose Soundbar Factory Reset: FAQs
Can I reset my Bose soundbar with a rest button?
No, Bose soundbars do not come with a dedicated reset button. However, you can use the step-by-step guide outlined above to reset your device.
Can I reset my Bose soundbar with the remote?
Yes, you can perform a factory reset without the remote, you’ve just got to keep in mind that a factory reset will wipe all information you have stored.
What kind of issues can warrant a factory reset on my soundbar
If you happen to be facing connectivity issues like Wi-Fi failing to connect, or Bluetooth slots being full, or perhaps the soundbar has become a little slower than normal, a factory reset is an ideal procedure to get things back in order, especially if there’s no new firmware update.