Soundbars are a cool alternative for people looking to experience high-quality sounds when using their TVs without having to commit a lot of expenses for a standard home theatre set. Onn soundbars are one of the best alternatives a homeowner can go for, especially if they’re on a tight budget but still looking for something with a sleek design.
So you just got an Onn soundbar to augment the sound of your TV but don’t know where to start in setting things up, don’t worry we’ve got you.
In this article, we will be giving a step-by-step guide on how to set up your Onn soundbar with your TV. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to get connected via an HDMI (ARC) cable, an Optical Cable, an AUX cable, or Bluetooth, we’ve got you covered.
How to Connect Onn Soundbar to TV: Step-by-Step Guide
There are four ways through which you can connect your Onn soundbar to your TV; via a 3.5mm AUX cable, HDMI cable, Optical Cable, and Bluetooth. The connection you eventually get to stick with will depend on what’s available on your TV, and if you intend to connect multiple devices at the same time. At any rate, you need not worry much as all Onn soundbars come with all cables that are supported by the model you bought.
How to Connect Onn Soundbar to TV with HDMI Cable
This is the easiest and most efficient way to connect your Onn soundbar with your TV especially if the soundbar’s model doesn’t support Wi-Fi. More so, with the Onn soundbar’s packaging, you get a stock HDMI ARC cable making it really convenient. Just confirm that your TV has an HDMI port, and you’re good to go. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get it done.
- Secure the HDMI cable, if there’s a rubber covering the golden/metal ends, remove it.
- Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the HDMI ARC port on your TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI ARC (TV) port on your soundbar.
- Connect the power cable of your Onn soundbar and turn it on
- Turn on your TV, and enable HDMI ARC. This setting is usually found in the TV’s audio or sound menu.
If you’re using an HDMI ARC connection, you should be able to control the soundbar’s volume with your TV remote. However, some TVs (if it’s not a smart model) may require that volume controls are independent. At any rate, bass, and treble levels are always adjusted by your soundbar’s remote or the soundbar’s controls
How to Connect Onn Soundbar to TV with Optical Cable
Optical cable, also known as Digital Optical is a popular method for connecting TVs with other devices. If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port or the port is occupied, there’s likely to be an Optical cable port that you can use. The steps for connection pretty much follow the same manner as you would an HDMI connection. All you need do is;
- Secure the optical cable
- Connect one end of an optical audio cable to the optical audio output port on your TV.
- Connect the other end of the optical audio cable to the optical audio input port on your soundbar.
- Connect the power cable. Connect the power cable to your soundbar and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the soundbar and TV.
- Select the correct audio input on your TV. This setting is usually found in the TV’s audio or sound menu.
If you’re using an Optical cable for connection, the volume control of the soundbar and TV will be independent. This means you’ll want to max out the TV volume, and then regulate how loud you want to hear it from the soundbar with the soundbar remote. Also, if you’ve got a subwoofer, you can connect it to your soundbar to add more bass to your sound system.
How to Connect Onn Soundbar to TV via Bluetooth
If you’re the type that doesn’t like clusters of wires, this is arguably the best method for you, especially if your TV set doesn’t have Wi-Fi functionality. While that’s the case, this method of connection is only feasible when your TV has Bluetooth functionality.
- Switch on the soundbar and TV
- Press the Bluetooth icon on the soundbar to engage in pairing mode. You can also use the Bluetooth command button on the body of the soundbar
- On your TV, navigate to the Bluetooth settings and start scanning for new devices
- Select your Onn soundbar from the available list.
- If no other device is connected to the soundbar, it should pair immediately
- Test your Bluetooth connectivity by playing something from your TV
- If you happen to still be sending signals to another device connected via a cable, you can go to the input function on your device and select Bluetooth.
How to Connect Onn Soundbar to TV via 3.5mm AUX Cable
Although one can argue that this is the easiest way to connect your soundbar to TV, it’s often not the best as most AUX connections lag when playing HD videos, and the cable oftentimes starts to produce distorted sounds over time.
Nevertheless, if this is your choice, all you need do is plug one end of the AUX cable to your TV while it’s on, and the other end to the soundbar. If you were playing a sound through the TV before, it’ll automatically stop and play via the AUX cable except if your TV is connected to multiple devices, then you’ll need to specify the input you want to use.